Wednesday, July 11, 2007

my muse...

Richard Marx is my muse tonight. I'm not always super motivated to write on this because I tend to find it too public for my inner-most thoughts, but tonight I think I can indulge a little.

This has been an insane week, to say that least. I should be overwhelmed or maybe I'm just dealing with this all the way I deal with things, who knows. Yesterday can definitely go down in the books as one of the worst days ever. The night before last I spilled a little diet coke on my computer. Awesome. So, as John Tesh told me on his radio show, I dried it out and then put it in the refridgerator to cool down. Also, I misplaced my wallet that night, but that didn't really come up as a huge issue until yesterday. I got up all jazzed to have my coffee do some packing and then head up to the pool to do some laps before I met with my trainer downtown (typical house-wife stuff), instead I was forced to check my email and find the most insulting and pathetic email from my boss. I'll paraphrase, "emily, you worked too many hours because you are so good at your job, by the way i have no balls, so i'm emailing you to tell you that you may or may not have violated your contract and i just don't like you because you make me look bad time and time again, don't forget i have no balls, and by the way, i'm fat." okay, so, yes this is annoying since i was done anyway, it was only a matter of making it official, which i was waiting to do until my insurance went through, WHICH IT DID!!! fools.

anyway, i've decided to be over that now and not try and screw them because it's not worth it. the day didn't end there, after crying about that for a while, i got mad and angry and then i went to buy tickets to the midnight showing of harry potter, SOLD OUT. adrienne tried to tell me that if i were a big enough fan i wouldn't have waited so long to get tickets, whatever, they were sold out and i definitely would have cried if there hadn't been many many small children in line behind me.

still haven't found my wallet at this point, btw. finally, i was about 10 minutes shy of another crying outburst when i went to find my dvds to calm down with a bit of arrested development. god that's an amazing show. i picked up the dvd case and what was under it? MY WALLET! tantrum diverted and then i was able to go to sleep peacefully.

anyway, today was much better although I went out to camp and it was surreal as always. it is such a strange place to me now, I have a hard time connecting my good memories to it. i wish i hadn't turned it into this bitter place for myself. oh well, i guess i'll be going to africa in a few days so it doesn't matter!!

No comments: