Last week:
Nothing too exciting occurred which is normal, but I did finally get up to 6 miles on Wednesday which is pretty much the best thing ever. That's the farthest I've run at one time in my whole life. My body could not help but remind me of this as I'm still sore. When I went to do my relaxing 3 miles on Friday I had yet to recover and I was basically dragging my sad body the whole way through. I'm ready for Bloomsday I think though, so I'll run twice this week and work out at the gym the other days to prepare! Mostly I'm excited to see Mira and Kali and have an extra exciting weekend!
I also taught Adrienne how to knit which was fun too. I gave her the UGLIEST yarn I could find and put her to work on a nothing pattern. But this week she'll get to start making something real! HOLLA! Maybe Lukey will join in the fun!
Friday: After a dinner with the bosses, I met up with Adrienne at this little punk event and we jetted off to get onion rings and beers at the Satellite and sexually harass the bar tender who needed a little work in the clothes department but definitely had some potential.
After that we met up with her boyfriend and his brother and some other hipster cronies at the Caterina winery in true late fashion. We each ordered a glass of wine at the beginning of the last song this guy was playing and had to down it in order to not get kicked out. Anyway, I proceded to be completely obnoxious and try to impress people but instead they all gave me blank stares and attempted against the odds to exit the conversations.
We followed the party to this guys' house. This guy went to South Africa to study abroad in Cape Town and NEVER traveled to any other countries. Yes, I'm ruthless in my elitism, and yes, I judged him and now slightly think I'm better than him. Not slightly, totally.
Alright, so we left the party for a little break and walked to the gas station (three blocks away) to buy some more libations. When we were leaving the gas station two girls walked away from this old man (one of them had just kissed him) and we made new friends. One was 17 and drinking a '22' of Old English (nothing like OE to help you through your senioritis) the other was named Christian and I don't know how she was, just that she didn't really talk. The 17 year old was drunk and immediately accused us of being drunk (which we were, but flatly denied) and then she guessed us to be 18 and 19. Good guess, but WRONG, I told her to go to college, quit smoking and not to get pregnant and to go to college, become a nurse, DON'T GET PREGNANT. Anyway, her parting words were "if you get into trouble, or a fight we're at 11th and Maple! We'll be with a bunch of other peeps if you need anything." Someone tell me there will never be a day when I'll need the help of a drunk 17 year old who is probably pregnant.
Adrienne got really drunk, she puke I think, oops, my fault (I made her drink Sparks).
I got home to a phone call from Kelly who was drunk with his buddy. Not exciting? Well, try this on for size. He and his buddy had just stolen a chicken from his neighbor and decided to kill it, clean it, cook it and eat it. Gross, but oh so Spokane.
Yesterday, I worked all day hung over and exhausted from 4 hours of drunken sleep and went to bed at 9:30 while waiting for a call...bastard.
Here's to more night like that one!!
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment