Friday, March 23, 2007

the most organized person in the world...


I felt it was necessary to attempt to say something profound about the fact that I'm leaving for Peace Corps in July. Since I still haven't come up with anything I'll just leave those who I've directed to this place of mystery and humor with, at least, something. (I added a picture of Africa, just in case you didn't know what it was.)

8 months into my job I'm still not out of it...no no no, they've got me shackled to the floor of State government and their awful well-paying jobs. News today says that I'll be working all the way through the end of June. Don't worry folks, I'm my own boss, sometimes, so I'll be taking the necessary steps to spend time in Seattle with the city folk before I head off for the bush and the days of sweating profusely all day long.

As far as Peace Corps goes, my placement is yet to be determined, but I do know that I will be headed to West Africa (almost definitely a French speaking country) for which, with my almost-Spanish speaking abilities, I'll be well prepared. I also know that I'll be working on a health program in HIV/AIDS education and the like. I compiled a list of things I still need to buy before I go...it's long and ridiculous so if you have any old underwear laying around or a sock or two it would really save me some time if you just donated them to my packing pile.

Basically, in the next 9 weeks I'm going to be ridiculously busy (in my sort of way, which means spending excess amounts of time writing blurbs on my blog and making quilts and knitting hats for my friends in payment for their friendship). I will hopefully be spending my time with my friends, but there are so many, it may mean two at once :0

This is my schedule for the next 12 weeks, basically so if you want to hang out just make sure you call my secretary. If she hangs up on you it means I'm not knitting you a sweater...and I never will.

March
24-25: spring break YAKIMA--drill team state, wine tasting with the spokies and if everything goes according to the plan, cow-tipping.
26-29: working for mom and fake-working.
30/31: HEATHER and AIDA
April
3-13: working (what??)
14: seattle-mira and kali's house-warming party in the house they will live in for approximately two more months
15: mom's birthday (is she even in town?)
16-30: working
May
5: PROM (not mine, abigail's)
6: Bloomsday (yet to be decided if this is officially part of my agenda)
10-14: Chicago (cousin toni's wedding!!)
15-17: work
18-19: seattle for some sorority debauchery
25-27: sasquatch
30: MY BIRTHDAY!
31: Abigail's Birthday
June
1-3: best party in the history of ever
3: abigail's graduation party
4-11: working
15-16: Shannon's Wedding
16-23: Cross-Country Road trip with the deeds
28: wait, wait...don't tell me in portland
29-july 2: working, packing, resting, getting really scared...

Oh, also, if you have any leftover reese's peanut butter easter eggs please mail them to spokane, there's a famine.

No comments: